[TenTec] New ham looking at Pegasus

Tom A althofft at concentric.net
Wed Mar 5 17:13:20 EST 2003

Very well put Ben.   The biggest difference between cars is the drivers...
the biggest difference between radios is the operator.

Actually...Of the hundreds of rigs I've owned I did come across a couple of
"bad" radios.

Beware the WRL Galaxy-V and Eico 753 transceivers.  Broad as a barn on
receive and drift up and down the bands..look ma...no hands! (would now be
promoted by a clever marketer as "auto-band-scanning" feature.)

Its hard to beat a Ten-Tec if you are a CW fan.

Tom K2TA