ARRL Lab Test Equipment (was RE: [TenTec] Ed Hare)

Tom A althofft at concentric.net
Thu Mar 6 16:37:24 EST 2003

Ed... Bob-K2TK and I enjoyed some New England hospitality during our tour of
ARRL headquarters last November and saw for ourselves your setup and the
room where "You are shielded from government spies and alien mind readers".

Ignoring tech specs I think an even more impressive test room is that one
reserved for employees to set up their personal rigs and operate during
lunch hours.  When the Orion arrives I'd like to drive it up there during
W1AW code practice on 20M...point the headquarters beam at the Maxim Station
beam and vice versa and see how close to W1AW I can hear my Argonaut running
5W from home.... Now THERE's a real world test!