[TenTec] Planetary reduction drive on Titan

AC5E at aol.com AC5E at aol.com
Fri Mar 7 19:24:51 EST 2003

Well, my Titan has been my daily driver for a dozen years and I have always
been impressed with how smooth and easy the tune and load controls move.
The poly sheets are thinner than the interplate spacing, so should have
little or no effect on the required turning effort.

Those are hand assembled variables, so maybe somebody tightened the shaft
tension just a tad too tight? Or maybe it just needs a drop of oil in it's
joints.

Anyhoo, TenTec parts should have the reduction drive, and it would be worth
checking when you replace the vernier.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E