[TenTec] LDG PT-11 Plus

Art Searle w2nra at w2nra.com
Sat Mar 8 23:08:38 EST 2003

I just got and installed the new LDG PT-11 Plus tuner.  All went well with
the installation into my new Pegasus.  If memory serves and it usually
doesn't, it involved removing 2 boards, 4 wire solder connections, remove a
coax jumper and replacing it with 2 coax cables from the tuner.  I hate
surface mounting wire (the instructions call it tack soldering).  The
biggest problem was figuring out where my torques head bits were.
Surprise, my Pegasus rear case screws are torques head.  What a pain.  The
tuner seems to work fine the little I've used it.  Tunes fast.  I use it
with N4PY software and the memories work.  When you access a frequency
you've already memorized you hit rcl or recall button and you get a 1 sec
tune to test if everything is ok.  Tuning is push button once.  With my
antenna it tuned to 1:1 in a few seconds and then shut off and stored the
memory settings automatically.  That's right you don't have to set the
memories. it is totally automatic. The only time you have to store settings
is if you manually tweak the auto settings. I only use a tuner on my DX-A
Double Slopper on 2 bands, 30m and 80m.

73,
Art
W2NRA