[TenTec] Misc. Orion comments

Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX RMcGraw at Blomand.Net
Mon Mar 10 17:09:02 EST 2003

I figure that they are chopping the price because they realize that the Pro
II won't be in the same performance class as the ORION.

73
Bob., K4TAX

----- Original Message -----
From: <tlogan7 at cox.net>
To: <tentec at contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 1:28 PM
Subject: Re: RE: [TenTec] Misc. Orion comments

> Adam -
>   For what it is worth, the fellow that bought my 756 Pro II lives in New
Zealand and says he has chatted a bit with the Icom rep - according to him
Icom is going to start chopping the price on the ProII. Why this would be
the case makes no sense to me as I am not aware of any new Icom product or
"ProII" on the horizon. But I would be curious if anyone has more info on
this. Continually dropping the price on rigs like the ProII could really
make it tuff competition for the Orion.
> 73/Tim NZ7C
> >
> > From: Adam Farson <farson at shaw.ca>
> > Date: 2003/03/10 Mon PM 01:46:06 EST
> > To: tentec at contesting.com
> > Subject: RE: [TenTec] Misc. Orion comments
> >
> > no....actually HRO's price of $2539 for the 756Pro II (even including
the
> > free PS125) is in line with the price I paid for mine at Dayton 2003.
> > Traditionally, Icom start discounting a radio when they have a new
product
> > offering in the wings.
> >
> > I do not believe that Icom are particularly exercised over the Orion.
The