[TenTec] Re: Radio Shack 25 amp switching supply?

Gary Bold g.bold at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Mar 11 14:26:47 EST 2003

Hi all,

Re switchers:

I bought the SAMLEX 1223 as reviewed in QST.  I've been impressed.
Here in ZL I operate portable at Christmas at a beach location well away from
cities.  The noise floor is so low, compared to my home QTH in Auckland,
that I've sometimes initially checked the antenna to see that I connected
it.

The Samlex generated no noise I could hear on any HF band.  It DID generate
some low-level stuff in the broadcast (below 1 MHz) band, but I cannot hear
this at the home QTH.

I think switchers have come a long way since the early models.

Gary ZL1AN