[TenTec] Airpax breaker

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer geraldj at isunet.net
Tue Mar 11 23:28:46 EST 2003

I use a 16 amp large blade size automotive fuse to protect my Corsair
II. So far I've blown two or three, no PA transistors.

I built a relay into my power cord for reverse polarity protection and
for power switching using the internal switch. For polarity protection I
put a diode in series with the relay coil so that it only works for
proper polarity. I put a diode across the coil for inductive kick
protection (which also helps in polarity protection). I used a 30 amp
automotive cubic inch accessory relay.

73, Jerry, K0CQ

--
Entire content copyright Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer.
Reproduction by permission only.