[TenTec] Scout story

ARDUJENSKI at aol.com ARDUJENSKI at aol.com
Sat Mar 15 13:12:27 EST 2003

I am a definite convert to the VW of the radio world, the SCOUT. It is always
reassuring when you have some nice situation occur. A few days ago on 17m
armed with only the much maligned Scout and Gap Titan antenna, I managed to
bust successfully several European pileups dominated by east coast high power
stations. I grew a smile ear to ear as the Lithuanian station gave me a 20+
report and commented on the nice audio. Oh by the way I made sure I talked
slow so not to have a frequency jump (smile).

I love that radio's simplicity and effectiveness.....

Alan KB7MBI in Woodinville, WA
FISTS 5702  Proud member of ARRL