[TenTec] Equinox Day

Carl Moreschi n4py at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 15 19:17:58 EST 2003

The refraction of the Earth's atmosphere increases the amount of daylight by
about 2 minutes at sunset and about 2 minutes at sunrise for latitudes below
about 40 degrees.  Add to that another minute for the diameter of the sun on
each end and you have a total of 6 minutes added to daylight.  But the true
equinox is the same everywhere on the earth and that occurs the instant the
center of the sun passes through the plane of the Earth's equator.  This is
0100 GMT on March 21 this year.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, North Carolina
n4py at earthlink.net