[TenTec] More Orion IP3 Test Info

Jim Reid jimr.reid at verizon.net
Sat Mar 15 12:58:46 EST 2003

Ken, N6KB,  asked:

> I wonder about using that word "intermodulating" the way you have.
> If the  signals are "intermodulating" it is in the radio under test,
> and that is  what we are attempting to quantify.

Yes,  absolutely,  and that was my intended meaning,  sorry
if I was not clear.  The only "intermodulating" going on,
thus producing the IMD (intermodulation distortion), is
in whatever non-linearities exist in those front end components.
There is no intermodulating,  or any other interaction going
on within the test signals before they get into the radio
under test.  The test fixture combiners,  etc.  see to it that
there is plenty of isolation and no mixing of the two test signals
prior to their entering the radio under test,  as you have
so correctly stated.

73,  Jim  KH7M