[TenTec] Omni VI & Titan tuning repeatability

John jlockj at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 17 08:40:29 EST 2003

GM!

Late model Titan's like Don's may well have left the factory with a 15 kV
(vs. 5 kV) doorknob cap for C15.  In the earlier Titans, there was major
tuning drift on 160 meters. (the band Ken, the originator of this thread,
was concerned about)  The higher voltage rating on the upgraded cap the
critical variable, it's just that the 15 kV doorknobs are physically much
larger (more mass) and dissipate heat better (more surface area).

Upgrading the blocking caps is a worthwhile improvement, however, tuning
drift on 160 meters will continue to be a problem for Titans with the
smaller 5 kV C15 tuning padder capacitors.

73,

John  W0DC