[TenTec] Guidance and Insights

David W LeJeune, Sr lejeuned at centurytel.net
Wed Mar 19 14:31:42 EST 2003

I own and use both theOmni VI+ and the Jupiter.  Omni VI+ is great - have
had it for 3 years, but the Jupiter is more fun to use.  Although the Omni
VI+'s receiver is somewhat better, there have been very few times when the
Jupiter couldn't be used and the Omni VI+ could.  The DSP noise reduction is
noticably better with the Omni VI+.  I also am a casual SSB user.  I also
use the KWM2A.  Only problem with that is that I've gotten used to being
able to select the AGC speed to slow or fast.

All in all, unless you really need the Omni VI+'s improved receiver, I'd
vote for the less expensive Jupiter.  It really is a joy to use.

Dave