[TenTec] RX340 and DRM

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Wed Mar 26 13:58:05 EST 2003

Has anyone used an RX340 to receive and decode DRM (digital SW radio)
transmissions?

According to the DRM website (www.drm.org), you need a 12 kHz IF output from
the receiver, which is digitized by a computer soundcard, although a 455 kHz
IF can be converted via mixing. The RX340 has a 455 kHZ IF output (two of
them if I read the manual correctly). Also, the RX-340 has a direct DSP
output, which could probably be used as well.

Even if no one has done this, I'd be interested in working with people who
might be interested in developing something with the RX340.

73,
Mark