[TenTec] Jupiter with internal tuner

Winston F. Jones winjones at ix.netcom.com
Wed Mar 26 19:59:24 EST 2003

I bought the auto tuner and added it myself to my Jupiter. It has never
taken the SWR down below 1.5 like my external LDG AT-11 does. I've had my
internal tuner turned off for several months now and use the AT-11. After I
complained about the problem on this reflector, a rep from LDG said I should
adjust the trimmer on the internal tuner board and I might get the SWR down
more. I haven't even gotten around to trying his suggestion yet. I hate to
take the Jupiter out of the case again. Will probably do it someday. I was
also disappointed that the tuner doesn't activate automatically, the way the
external one does.
In summary, if I knew what I know now, I probably wouldn't spend the
$200-plus on the internal tuner.
Hope this helps.
73, Winston  K4CWQ