[TenTec] Jupiter with internal tuner

WA3FIY wa3fiy at radioadv.com
Thu Mar 27 09:21:02 EST 2003

What you read for SWR has a lot to do with the calibration of the
detector.   When I installed the internal tuner in my Jupiter, I matched
the Ten Tec and the LDG detectors so they both read the same.  I
almost always get below 1.5:1 results using the internal tuner.   But,
even 2:1 is fine.   In fact, I rarely use the tuner unless the SWR is
well above 2:1 without it.  That's one of the nice things about it not
activating automatically.   No sense polluting the band with carriers
when not needed and no one will know the difference on the other
end wether your SWR is 1:1 or 2:1.

The new LDG internal tuner for the Pegasus along with N4PY
software has the best of all worlds in my mind.   You determine when
to tune and just click a button.  It stores it's settings for that particular
band segment for later rapid recall and you can manually tune the L
and C if you want to.   Very nice setup.   Hope they do one for the
Jupiter one of these days.

73 de Lee, WA3FIY