[TenTec] Arkiecon April 5th

Jay Bromley w5jay at cox-internet.com
Thu Mar 27 21:40:05 EST 2003

Guys I know this posting doesn't have anything to do with Ten Tec rigs, well
it kinda does so please bear with me.  My QRP buddies say the following
might be of interest to our fellow TenTec enthusiast?  So here it goes.

Some of you monitor other reflectors like QRP-L so you are well aware of a
QRP forum held next weekend on April 5th called Arkiecon in Fort Smith, AR.
We are giving away the Ten Tec Argonaut V with the TCXO option!  So if you
have nothing better to do next weekend except pulling weeds for mama, you
might want to come join us for some super QRP hospitality!  For more
information here are the links:  http://www.arkiecon.com and
http://www.fsaarc.org.

All the QRP festivities are FREE, except the no host dinner on Friday night.
I will let you in on a secret, but you must act quickly.  If you plan on
coming and want to double you chances on winning the Argonaut V then
pre-register by sending Jerry Parker an email ASAP at: jparker at fix.net
There is no cost to pre-register!  Did I mention everything is FREE!  Well
almost, there is a small door fee that goes to the local ham club sponsoring
the Hamfest.  The QRP forums are sponsored by the Fort Smith QRP Group.  You
don't have to be a hard core QRPer to join us.  Everyone is welcome to
attend!

Why pre-register?  Well not only will you get a special commemorative
Arkiecon 2003 badge, but you will also receive an extra ticket for the main
prize drawing, which is the Argonaut V!  After pre-registering with Jerry
all you have do is show up, walk in QRP forum door to receive both tickets
along with your Arkiecon 2003 badge.  That is all there is to it.  You have
to pre-register with Jerry by the end of this Friday March 28 so he can burn
the badges and get them shipped to us by next weekend.  So by the time this
posting comes out you will have to act very fast to double your chances on
winning the Argo!  If you miss tomorrow's deadline, you will still have a
chance of winning.  How?--Just by showing up you will receive a ticket for
the main QRP drawing!  You can beat that with a stick!!!

I must also mention the following:  You must be a licensed Amateur Radio
Operator and you must be present in the QRP forum room at the time of the
giveaway to win the Argonaut V.  The Argonaut V will be given away at the
end of the last QRP forum on Saturday afternoon.  Schedule of the QRP forums
will be posted at the door on Saturday.

Come join us, you will be glad you did.  You can always pull mama's weeds
another weekend.  The forums are always super, fellowship is fantastic, and
there is even a free Barbeque during Saturday Night's Open House.  There is
much more, more pizes, building contest, etc, but I will quit for now so I
can get this post out to my dear TenTec friends!

I am sorry for the last minute posting, but I hope you understand.

73 de w5jay..

P.S.  Don't let that Pesky W5YR beat you out of winning YOUR Argonaut V!
:-)