[TenTec] Orion/AL-1200 QSK -- Hard lesson #1

Billy Cox aa4nu at ix.netcom.com
Sat Mar 29 20:54:41 EST 2003

>I stand corrected then...glad to see that the AL-1200/QSK has
>a separate send and return key line.  I was assuming you had
>used the mod on the Alpha page verbatim.

I use 2 AL1200s here with the "other brand" xcvrs... Both amps
have the internal QSK boards (of slightly different design)

The present setup <in use for 10+ years now> does NOT have
the separate send and return key lines being discussed.

The external units may offer such ... and from comparing the
schematics, the internal boards could also if need be ...

So far ... the setup here <ONE LINE> has worked, without
hot-switching ... with all three of the "other brand" xcvrs ...

Just another data point ...

73 Billy AA4NU