[TenTec] Orion Comments (or the lack thereof)

WILLIAM MANSEY; WA2PVK res0wsci at verizon.net
Sun Mar 30 14:55:50 EST 2003

Hello Everyone,
    I have not seen any postings about the Orion!  Does this mean that I am not the only one "too busy" with an Orion to bother with the computer?
    I ordered my Orion on 6/21/02.  Was it worth the wait? DEFINITELY!!!  To those still waiting - - - It WILL be worth the wait for you also.  I do hope that your wait will not be long.
    The Orion is a BIG radio and that means that it is BIG fun too!  As complex as it is, or seems, it is NOT difficult to operate at all.  This seems to be a feature of Ten-Tec rigs - User Friendliness.  Everything is straight forward and logical.  One can readily operate this rig without having to constantly look up things in the instructions.  I strongly do suggest, however, reading the instructions so you do not miss anything.  The Diversity Reception feature is excellent.  I have the main RX on a vertical antenna and the sub RX on an inverted V.  These antennas are on opposite sides of the house.  This eliminates a lot of QSB.
    I is looking forward to the net (14.329 @ 23:30Z) and hope to hear ALL the other Orions there as well.  73, Bill.

res0wsci at verizon.net

---