[TenTec] Model 301 Fan KIt

Bill Brannick wmlb at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 1 12:04:34 EDT 2003

> Bill,
>
> I too just received my 301 fan kit today and read the same
> remark in the instructions.
>
> My experience so far with the ORION is that the PA heat sink
> stays pretty cool during casual operation and  even general
> rag chewing.  I have not operated in any contests and have not
> used any digital modes yet.

Yeah.. I just thought it was an odd way to state it the way
they did..  to me.. it almost conveyed the thought... " hey
we appreciate getting your 40 bucks but you probably don't
need this thing.. just unplug it if the noise bothers you"

I have 68 year old ears.. but to me, it is very quiet...

Congrats on the Orion.. I am still recovering from a new roof
installation ($5000+) so I will have to struggle along with
my Jupiter for a while.

Bill, W6WLB

PS: I did check you out in QRZ Bill, to see if you were a
neighbor..  Your new call is similar to mine.. except I went
for the initials instead of a form of my name..