[TenTec] Hello Orion Users

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Mon May 5 22:34:01 EDT 2003

At 09:12 PM 5/5/03 -0400, you wrote:
>Well, I think you guys are both right.
>
>The DSP operates ahead of the audio stage, and thus can be called IF.
>
>Of course, the frequency of 14 khz is certainly in the audio range.
>
>And no - we could never afford DSP done at high RF frequencies.

But isn't the real point that heretofore, DSP was done after the AGC loop,
so that regardless of how sharp the DSP passband, AGC pumping was occurring
before the signal ever got there.  That is certainly the case with my Mark
5...

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 11 April 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm