[TenTec] sources for good used TT gear

Peg Haese haesem at uwplatt.edu
Wed May 7 10:59:49 EDT 2003

David,

In your search for a nice Omni V, also try:

1. The Ten-Tec used/demo list. Email sales at tentec.com for a current
listing. The prices are on the high side due to the included warranties,
but you get to talk to Stan and Scott in person. They can also put you on a
waiting list if the item you are looking for isn't on the list.

2. eHam has a classified site that Paul K9OT and I have had very good luck
with. We don't look on QTH.com much anymore and have never bought or sold
anything there. When listing rigs on both sites, eHam always comes through
with an offer from someone. We have also bought several nice rigs and amps
there (TT of course). We have placed several WTB (want to buy) ads and been
lucky there too, especially finding my Hercules II and power supply. Go to
www.eham.net/classifieds.

3. Word of mouth - ask your friends that own TT gear. They may be upgrading
and need an honest buyer for their current or backup rigs. I am currently
test-driving a very nice backup Omni V from Steve N9CK, who I've known
longer than I've been a ham.

Good luck.

Peg KB9LIE in SW Wisconsin