[TenTec] Curious

w8au at sssnet.com w8au at sssnet.com
Wed May 7 14:24:05 EDT 2003

At 09:00 AM 05/07/2003, ARDUJENSKI at aol.com wrote:
>The SCOUT is set up for 600 OHM headsets. there are not mods and 600 ohm
>headsets are not readily available except thru surplus.

I have not recently read the Scout manuals that I received many years ago,
but I don't recall any specification for earphone Z since the audio
output is direct.  (no transformers)

It provides more output to the earphones with decreasing load, of course.
When used with external speaker, it works great.
Most old complaints were about too much audio when using 4-8 ohm
fones, and series R was added.   In my case I use Telex headsets that
have about 100 ohms Z and no problem.

Interesting to hear this thread again, after all these years.

Perry     w8au