[TenTec] OMNI D hand capacitance effects on tuning

Mike Hyder -N4NT- N4NT_Mike.Hyder at charter.net
Thu May 8 09:01:04 EDT 2003

Yes.  You can make little wipers from music wire (spring steel) and mount
them under the two screws on each side of the PTO shaft (behind the front
panel of the rig).  Position them so they put slight pressure upon the
shaft.  Grounding that shaft thusly will eliminate the problem.

It may be possible to do this work without removing the front panel if one
sets the rig upon its heat sink and removes the tuning knob.  The hole thus
exposed may be large enough to do the work.

73, Mike N4NT