[TenTec] Orion Question (CW Tuneup)

Grant Youngman nq5t at attbi.com
Wed May 14 06:21:57 EDT 2003

I had the discoussion with Ten-Tec right after my Orion arrived a the
end of March.  The current manual version is incorrect and
incomplete on the operation of TUNE, and on the interaction
between TUNE and PWR.

Press TUNE -- the radio keys at about 20 watts out.
Press PWR -- the output will change to the PWR control settting, or
if PWR is already selected, you can just rotate MULTI

I expect it will get fixed in a future manual update.  I have the tuner
installed, and don't know if operation is any different without the
tuner.  WIth the tuner, behaviour is the same whether the tuner is
enabled or not.

Grant