[TenTec] strange QRM/QRN/RFI source?

w8au at sssnet.com w8au at sssnet.com
Thu May 15 10:51:32 EDT 2003

At 07:38 AM 05/15/2003, Cliff wrote:
>The X10 devices would be lower on my list than someones PC switching supply.

Agreed.    Switching supplies can be some of the worst spectrum polluters.

I have had a running battle with a consumer company (Conair) regarding their
18V switching supply that runs a portable "jacuzzi" style bathtub water
circulator.   (nasty RFI from HF up thru 100 mHz!!)

I won't use up bandwidth to describe the frustrations of dealing with an
importing company that sells mainly Chinese made gear....  but you can
imagine the "zero results."

w8au