[TenTec] Re: CW on 60M

Cliff csegar at mindspring.com
Thu May 15 15:41:01 EDT 2003

At 08:21 AM 5/15/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>That's not true.   Sending an audio tone would be indistinguishable from a
>CW carrier and in clear violation of the rule.

This thought is very currious. Since I am one of the newer licensed hams
(even tho I first studied code from an Ameco record!), all the question
pools I have gone thru have a question to the affect of "what mode is legal
anywhere?" and the answer is CW. The only exam I didn't take was the
Advanced but that question was on the Novice, Tech, General and the Extra
test. Is the QPC going to have to modify all these to ask what mode is
legal anywhere EXCEPT 60m? It would be very interesting to know the thought
process behind the SSB only and channelization. Sure seems strange to me!

Cliff