[TenTec] 60M

Carl Moreschi n4py at earthlink.net
Fri May 16 12:24:52 EDT 2003

Don't forget that most radios don't start the bottom end of the passband at
0.  It is usually 200 hertz .  So if you are using a 2800 hertz filter and
the bottom of the passband is 200 hertz, then your desired frequency is 200
+ 2800/2 or 1600 above the dial frequency.  It seems like everyone would be
on a slightly different frequency depending on how their radio passband is
designed and transmit filter they are using in order to center their SSB
emission at in the prescribed channel.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, North Carolina
n4py at earthlink.net