[TenTec] 60M

RON ZOND K3MIY at CSONLINE.NET
Fri May 16 13:09:55 EDT 2003

Cliff

how do you kmow there will be a next year?

ron
K3miy

-----Original Message-----
From: tentec-bounces at contesting.com
[mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com]On Behalf Of Cliff
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2003 9:54 PM
To: tentec at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 60M

At 06:03 PM 5/15/2003 -0600, Ed, K7DXV, wrote:

>You know that we will not be able to work mobile, and
>our equipment will have to be crystal controlled?

Huh? At the 50w ERP level (referenced to a dipole driven with 50w PEP with
a loss-less feed line) it would seem quite reasonable that few mobile
antennas would come close to this power level - especially if the power
level on the rig is only 50w PEP. I also would say that 99.44% of the rigs
in use are crystal controlled. Yes, they are synthesized but that is
controlled by a (hopefully stable) crystal. Now I haven't read the entire
R&O from the web site but the excerpt posted here said nothing about fixed
only operation.
Yes, it is going to be a very unusual band. We as hams can't imagine one
where CW is not allowed and the CB type channelization is a really foreign
concept but if we calmly look at what we are getting and make good use of
it, we can possibly get a bigger slice of cake at the next birthday party.
If we do nothing but whine I doubt we will even be invited to the party
next year.

73 de KD4GT