[TenTec] Dayton Feedback??

Jim Reid jimr.reid at verizon.net
Fri May 16 15:02:12 EDT 2003

> Bet nothing says that Jim can't meet the plane and ride
> with the delivery truck to make sure that the driver
> knows the way . . .

We have only ONE  road between the Lihue airport and
Koloa,  hi.  And,  the Fed Ex driver has been here many
times before delivering stuff from Ten Tec.  He knows
the way.  Anyway,  the FE tracking site still has no
update in the past 2 1/2 hours; no indication of arrival here
on the island,  nor into a van for delivery as the usually
show.

How about that Icom IC-7800 unveiled at Dayton today:
Four 32 bit DSP processors and a 7 inch LCD color
multi function display.  Wonder by how much the price,
as not yet announced, will exceed 2x's the price for
an Orion??  Guess that is why Icom had to hire all
those added DSP engineers -- to decide how to
use not two,  but four SOA DSP processors.  Suppose
this is sort of a horsepower race?

73,  Jim  KH7M