[TenTec] 60M

Bwana Bob wb2vuf at qsl.net
Fri May 16 22:16:15 EDT 2003

I monitor the Coast Guard aviation freqs in the 5 and 8 MHz region quite
a bit. On the air they always refer to frequency, not channel number and
the frequencies are always the carrier freqs. They say, "Shift to 5696"
When you dial in a frequency on an HF aircraft radio, you get the
carrier frequency. Likewise, the ship to shore freqs listed on their web
site all list carrier frequency. So, its my conclusion that the
frequencies to be assigned to us are the carrier freqs, though I have
seen the "2.8 kHz" channel definition in a CAP publication.

Anyway I've programmed our new channels into my Paragon memory and I am
scanning them as I type this. (Note: I have not enabled general coverage
transmit.)

				Bob WB2VUF