[TenTec] Orion Software v1.341

Dave Heil k8mn at earthlink.net
Sun May 18 09:56:03 EDT 2003

Carl Moreschi wrote:

> I find on my Orion that I have to put the monitor audio at 100 just to get
> adequate audio.  I don't have any extra.

Are you using a Heil microphone element or some other mike with lower
output?  Does the RF output you see seem a bit stingy?  There is a
microphone gain compensation pot located on the bottom panel just behind
the "MIC/PH/CW" jacks.  It is accessible through a hole in the panel.
You might find that increasing the gain setting cures both the stingy
output and monitor level problems.

Dave Heil K8MN