[TenTec] DC Power Supply Backup

Carl Moreschi n4py at earthlink.net
Wed May 21 23:07:35 EDT 2003

Bill,

I just timed how long it takes my Orion to come up from power off.  It is 11
seconds.  By the way, I don't hear the 1500 hertz tone in my headphones
either.  And the Orion does not require a power supply with over current
protection.  The over current is part of the ALC circuit.  The drive is
reduced to prevent the current in the finals from going too high with a bad
load.

73,

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC