[TenTec] Off center knobs

WILLIAM MANSEY wa2pvk at msn.com
Thu May 22 01:00:11 EDT 2003

Just had to get in on the knob issue.  I held off for as long as I could BUT
ALAS - I am NOT making excuses for wobbly knobs, imperfect moldings, and
other "issues" that we have occasionally encountered with our beloved
Ten-Tec rigs.  Keep in mind the source of this equipment.  I have viewed the
"virtual tour" and am simply amazed at what they produce at their plant.  I
would be willing to bet that ICOM has more floor space devoted to rest rooms
than the entire Ten-Tec plant.  (and that is just the rest rooms for the
guys!) As I said;  I am not making excuses BUT I think that they do one heck
of a job there.  I had one of those rubber rings that was not molded "just
right" so I took it off, turned it around, reinstalled it and problem
solved.  Frankly I am impressed at what they do "up" there in Sevierville.
I am hoping to be able to visit that area AND Ten-Tec in the not too distant
future.  (I have been in Sevierville several times BUT at those times I had
not heard of Ten-Tec)  As "Arnie" said:  "I'll be back"      73, Bill