[TenTec] Arrow Antenna 146/437-10WBP users

Eric F. Richards efricha at dimensional.com
Thu May 22 16:24:20 EDT 2003

At 02:56 PM 5/22/2003 -0400, KZ2G wrote:
>Has anyone used the Arrow Antenna 146/437-10WBP to work the Oscar 14 and/or
>27 satillites?  If so, how often and easy was was it for u to work each one
>using 5 watts?  Rare, not so rare, or often?  Easy?  Hard?

I have not personally done it.  However, Chuck, KI0AG, would put on
a demo at almost any hamfest contacting AO27 with that antenna (or its
predecessor which didn't break down into halves) and an HT.  It looked
trivial.

Furthermore, IIRC, it's considered *very bad form* to put more than
5 watts to your antenna with AO27.

Again, this is all second-hand -- I've not work AO27 yet myself.  Just
got my antenna from Al at the last 'fest.