[TenTec] Orion Frequency Accuracy

John Clifford johnclif at ix.netcom.com
Fri May 23 01:32:43 EDT 2003

I use a similar technique with my Omni VI/Opt 1 with TXCO, but I use the
waterfall display in MixW to ensure that USB and LSB are the same offset
from the center freq.  After letting the rig warm up for an hour, I first
make sure the BFO xtals are pulled to the correct freqs, then I set the freq
display to WWV.  I then adjust the TXCO so that when I switch between
USB/LSB the tone offsets are identical.  Zooming in on the waterfall lets
you get it to within a couple of hertz.

 - jgc

John Clifford KD7KGX

Heathkit HW-9 WARC/HFT-9/HM-9
Elecraft K2 #1678 /KSB2/KIO2/KBT2/KAT2/KNB2/KAF2/KPA100
Ten-Tec Omni VI/Opt1
Alinco DR-605TQ
Icom T90A

email: kd7kgx at arrl.net