[TenTec] Orion Relfector

Clark Savage Turner csturner at slonet.org
Fri May 23 10:03:35 EDT 2003

> 	Just to remind everyone, there is a dedicated Orion
> reflector on Yahoo Groups at:

> This might be a more appropriate place to post all the
> Orion-related feedback.  There have already been two
> the audio whine issue, which I have not seen posted here.

I do respect this sort of effort, but I, personally, will not subscribe
to Yahoo (which is required to really use the list) because Yahoo is a
marketing business, and they take information about me in order to
subscribe.  Yahoo is not really free, and is certainly does not respect
my privacy (yes, they have a "privacy policy" but I'd rather not depend
on their good graces or database security guys to protect any private
information about me.)

I have faced this with the Yaesu FT 817 group.  Great group over on
Yahoo.  AND the HF Pack group is over there on Yahoo.  Most of their
great resources require membership in Yahoo (and my giving personal
information that I do not choose to give up to them).  They are not free
and open to anyone, so I don't participate.  There are quite a few of
us, I gather, so there are some gaps in their membership (though they do
well, overall, I understand).

Just my opinion.  I do not intend to convince anyone of the same, just
wanted to state it to the list.  This list is free and open to anyone,
the Yahoo groups are not.  My hat is off, once again, to Jim, who
maintains things around here and provides a free and open forum to
discuss anything Ten Tec.

Clark
WA3JPG