[TenTec] INRAD Filter Question

Jim Reid jimr.reid at verizon.net
Fri May 23 11:28:37 EDT 2003

> If anything its the other way around. Steeper skirts and squarer
> passband corners mean more ringing, and so the Inrad
> should ring more than the TT filters.

And...INRADS come up again a ways out from the frequency band
shown in the example response curves.  That,  to me,  is
the great reason to stay with the Ten Tec filters and not
substitute the INRADS.  I did that a three or so years ago in the
OmniVI+ I had at the time.  For awhile I thought I had done
the correct thing;  then realized I had not.  To the fellow who
bought the rig from me,  I shipped the Omni to him equipped
100% with the INRAD filters;  but,  for what he paid me,  I
also shipped to him every one of the Ten Tec filters that
I originally had....all the sockets were filled with TT filters.
He is an avid CW man,  and I suspect he has taken out
the INRADS and replaced the TT's back in,  hi.

73,  Jim  KH7M