[TenTec] INRAD Filter Question

Paul Christensen, Esq. w9ac at arrl.net
Fri May 23 19:41:01 EDT 2003

My experience has been that the symmetry (i.e., USB v. LSB) is better on the
INRAD filters but that their narrow filters tended to ring more than Ten
Tec's crystal ladder filters.  To the best of my knowledge, INRAD uses a
more conventional lattice filter design which tend to smear and cause
ringing of CW reception.

If you can find Ten Tec 1.8K and 2.4K filters with near perfect symmetry,
hold on to them.

By far, the worst stock filters I had ever heard were on a Kenwood TS-950S.
I had that radio for one week before trading it in on my current Omni Six.

-Paul, W9AC