[TenTec] Orion Display fonts - final thought.

Don Rasmussen wb8yqj at yahoo.com
Fri May 23 16:49:08 EDT 2003

Hello All,

Thanks for entertaining the posts regarding admittedly

subtle aesthetics with the Orion display. But the
issue here goes beyond those nits. It would seem that
the TT engineers would want the Orion to be the best
it could be.

As in the past, it's looking now like it will actually
be as good as they want it to be in any given area.
With respect to the display - that's Jupiter class. If
it's okay on Jupe, it's okay on Orion, the difference
being more on screen items for the Orion. At the Orion
price, that means "no thanks" at this QTH.

The mainstream market will make it's own choice, but
make no mistake, the Orion is the customary TT
enthusiasts offering in a black cabinet. And
that's pretty good if it's taken strictly as
presented. At this level of initial refinement, I'll
do as I did with my pet Corsair II, I'll wait for the
price to drop and see what I can find used after a
while. So be gentle on that Orion and please save the
box and manual! hi.

73,
de WB8YQJ/6