[TenTec] PS962

Mike kc8wr at bright.net
Sat May 24 23:59:35 EDT 2003

Well, that didn't take long.  It seems I will be okay with the PS962 and the Orion.  I hardly ever run my radios at full output...seems like it is not really necessary most of the time.  80-100 watts usually will get the job done.

So, now all I have to do is decide a fair price for the Omni VI and go from there.  I am going to keep the OPTIONAL filters that I have in it, just to try the roofing filter routine, although it seems from what I have read here even those aren't really necessary.  But, it will be interesting to see what effect they have under crowded band conditions.

So, thanks to all that replied....I knew I could count on getting some quick, accurate information.  Now it is time to put on the thinking cap...that always causes a headache if I keep it on too long!

Mike - KC8WR

PS...lets see if that last statement will bring Jay out of the woodwork......