[TenTec] IC-7800 enough?

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Fri May 30 00:42:26 EDT 2003

Hi everyone,

I was the one who posted the link to the IC7800 but now I'd like to propose
that we wait for some specs to come out before further commenting.
Actually, I have never owned an ICOM HF rig and for all I know they may be
pretty good radios (in fairness I'm not an Orion owner either).  I know, I
know, I did some bashing too, but it's starting to sound like massive Ten
Tec insecurity.  The 7800 may be better (define better) than the Orion,  but
so what, it has 4 32 bit uprocessors and costs x 2.5--for all that it should
be.  Let's move on shall we?

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ
k5uj at hotmail.com