[TenTec] Deaf 1208

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Fri May 30 16:00:00 EDT 2003

I have a TT 1208 6m - 20m transverter. I bought it used, but it is labeled
as factory assembled. Last night, there was a 6m opening so I hooked up the
1208 to my Omni VI. Granted, I don't have much of an antenna for 6m, but I
could barely hear one or two stations. I switched the antenna to my Icom
R7000 receiver and heard a lot more activity. Granted most signals were
barely moving the S-Meter on either setup, but the R7000 definitely heard
better.

Is this to be expected, comparing a dedicated receiver to a transverter
(although the transverter has a pretty hot receiver hooked up to it in the
Omni VI), or do I need to look at realigning or otherwise adjusting the
1208?

Mark