[TenTec] centurion mod made easier !

John brazos at rochester.rr.com
Sat Nov 1 22:30:48 EST 2003

Hi all !  I have a Jup and a centurion abut 3 years old.  I was told over the phone from the factory that I needed to place a jumper wire across a diode in order to make my centurion work .  This mod I am talking about is the mod to make the centurion work with new radios.  I know wich diode and have the manual but I am a loss on exactly what the tech at the factory ment by soldering a jumper wire to the diode . I think I know ie. using a very short pice of wire ( insulated ? ) and soldering one end of the wire  to one end of the diode and solder the other end of the wire to the other end of the diode ?  my understanding of this  termenology is so simple I loose a lot in the translation .  can any one tell me how to perform this mod in non electronic jargon ? what the heck is a jumper wire ?    Thanks  John