[TenTec] Orion & SSCW - Comments?

A. Sewell N5NA n5na at arrl.net
Mon Nov 3 17:37:40 EST 2003

Any comments on how the Orion performed in SS this past weekend?

I don't have any deep technical comments but mine performed great!  I never
remember being able to pull out so many weak signals.  I could always find a
spot to squeeze into.  I even found the noise blanker will take out key
clicks!

I did have two interesting occurances.  I was CQing with no takers so quit
and tuned up the band.  I discovered I wasn't hearing anything but noise yet
there were all kinds of signals on the sweep display.  I cycled the power
and the signals returned.  This only happend once.

Another time no one was answering my calls.  I checked and had zero output
power.  Again, cycling the power returned everything to normal.

73,

Alan  N5NA