[TenTec] Orion & SSCW - Comments?

ac5e at comcast.net ac5e at comcast.net
Tue Nov 4 03:06:47 EST 2003

Back a few firmware updates, I wrote it down but I'm too lazy to look, my Orion quit transmitting and cycling it off and on brought it back to life. I didn't miss much of the ragchew but after that happened I gave it a master reset and cleared out all the memories. It's worked fine ever since. Although I did clear them memories again an update or so ago.

But as Yuri says "good radio, fixes itself." At least it does when you get the accumulated garbage out of it's memory.

Punching everything back in is a minor chore but I have only had to do that three times so far. At any rate, it's a lot quicker than sending the rig to factory service. I would suggest you make a cheat sheet with the menu settings; TX, AGC, etc, etc., so you don't strain your memory along with your punching finger.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E