[TenTec] qst orion review when ?

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Wed Nov 5 06:51:50 EST 2003

	In the latest ARRL Contest Rate Sheet, N0AX wrote:

"I was reminded of how important good receiver performance is when I
got to play with a new Orion receiver in CW Sweepstakes. Even without
going into great depth on the controls, I was able to work weak
stations in the heat of Saturday afternoon that I'd have had a
difficult time with on a lesser receiver. So here's some reminders
that will help your ears a LOT in the upcoming contests."

http://www.arrl.org/contests/rate-sheet/index.html?issue=2003-11-05

	My guess is that several different ARRL staffers will be trying
Orion in contests as part of ARRL's evaluation process.  Nothing like
a contest to "separate the men from the boys" for a true evaluation of
RX performance under duress!

				73,  Bill  W4ZV