[TenTec] CW

William Evans bevans at starband.net
Fri Nov 7 18:21:35 EST 2003

It's interesting to read all the threads on this reflector, for I learn
so much (probably more than I'll ever need)!  But I do ned to ask a
basic, retro-question.  Since I now have a Corsair (which is a step up
from my OMNi D) I wish to get back into CW.  But it has been 25 years
since I did CW and my age and my work now makes it difficult to use a
key or keyer.  I can use the keyboard, though. (although a little slow,
but that's not the fingers as much as it is the mind that's slow!)  My
question is this:
What software/hardware combinations are some of you using to interface
your rig with the computer so that CW (and hopefully other digital
modes) can be manipulated by someone with short, fat fingers that
sometimes quiver and shake?  What would be the best way to interface
the two without a large outlay of cash? Your answers and help will be
greatly appreciated.

73
Bill, W4ISH