[TenTec] Ten-Tec items for sale

Edward Crawford w4wvw at msn.com
Thu Nov 13 23:09:28 EST 2003

I have recently purchased a Corsair/263 VFO station and last month purchased a Scout for the mobile so I must reluctantly let the following items go to a new home. Listing them here before anywhere else and hopefully someone will enjoy them as much as I have.
Anyone who has heard me doing or on the 20 meter net has heard this equipment on the air.

Ten-Tec Model 544 (Triton IV digital) xcvr and 262M power supply. Cosmetically, they are not in the best of shape, but still look good on the desk. There are rub marks around some of the rotary controls, and a few of the letters and numbers are worn off. There are a few light scratches here and there, and a little pitting near the TT emblem and model # on the front of the radio. The cabinets and vinyl covering are in excellent condition. This has been my main rig here in the shack for the last 3+ years and has always operated flawlessly, especially with the 242 VFO listed below. The PTO's seem to be in good shape, turn freely with no binding or skipping.
Asking $200 plus shipping.

Model 242 external VFO for the Triton IV, will work with either the 540 or 544. Adds numerous split and fixed frequency operation capabilities to the Triton IV. Purchased from Ten-Tec a couple years ago. This is in much nicer cosmetic condition. A couple hairline scratches on the front, and one tiny nick on the aluminum insert on the tuning knob. Works great and is very stable on frequency. Same condition and price as when bought from TT.
Asking $120 plus shipping.

Have manuals for all three pieces. I'm afraid I do not have a mic for the radio as I am now using it with the Corsair. You can see this equipment in my shack if you look me up on QRZ.com. www.qrz.com/w4wvw . I can email better pictures if needed, and I won't be in them which is a plus for you.

Please email me direct so we don't bore everyone with the details.

w4wvw at msn.com

Thanks for looking. 73 to all. Ed/w4wvw