[TenTec] Orion firmware 1.366

ac5e at comcast.net ac5e at comcast.net
Fri Nov 14 20:56:57 EST 2003

Well, the number of taps was not on the original menu so I can't say what the default number of taps was. My impression with a moderately strong - S8 on the Orion's slightly stingy meter - and mininum BW is the station falls off the edge of the bandpass a bit faster than I expected it to so I would guess the 199 taps may be a tad sharper than the original default.

Which will inevitibly bring up a horsepower race. If the Orion has 199 taps the Brand X will have to have at least 1999, Brand Y 2099, and Brand Z 2499. However, I suspect that more than 256 taps may be self defeating, in that diminishing returns set in rather quickly  - but we shall see what we shall see.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E