[TenTec] Orion in contests

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 16 05:45:00 EST 2003

<<<2 X 3-500 amps with 3KV and up on the plates are becoming less
common...>>>

Hmm, not so sure about that one--besides Ten Tec, Ameritron and QRO both
make 2 x 3-500 amps.   Unless you are splitting hairs in the sense that they
may not have 3 KV _under load_.  (I think my centurion is 2.6 kv under
load).  Also lotsa SB220s, L4Bs and others still out there.  I think Amp
Supply even made one (and only one) that used three 3-500s but I don't think
it ever got into production.   Of course I may be showing my bias (heh heh)
towards the old glass envelopes, no delay cathode driven, grounded grids,
low IMD, no-need-for-grid-protection-circuitry amps.

Rob/K5UJ